Nov 13, 2012

Wine and candlelight | How to Have a Romantic Evening


I love unplanned romantic evenings. The original plan was to quickly eat dinner then go to the gym together. I ended up cooking chili which took a good deal longer than I had originally planned for dinner. 4 hours and half a bottle of wine later, my boyfriend and I are enjoying a long conversation and the calming sounds of a Spanish guitar in the glowing warmth that follows a delicious meal. For the recipe I used, and a tonne of other awesome ones, check here. I have a habit of matching my music with my meals and, yes, I know chili originated in Texas or the American Southwest or whatever you want to call it, but for me, eating chili makes me think of an acoustic guitar playing music in a distinctly Spanish style. Needless to say, we never made it to the gym. I had a really nice evening nonetheless and fully recommend it. The candle I was burning is by Slatkin & Co. (found at Bath and Body Works) and smells like its namesake Spiced Apple Toddy. They sell a similar smell at Ikea during the holiday season that I've become quite a fan of as well.


What do you do to relax with your significant other?

xo Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment