Apr 23, 2013

A Day at...Niagara Falls in Oslo


After the long Norwegian winter spent lying dormant, the sun showed its yellow face and just about the entire city of Oslo came out to play. Like a bear coming out of hibernation, it took a while to re-acclimatize to the unexpected light and I kept fairly close to home. Still, it's amazing what wonderful things you'll find just by revisiting your own neighbourhood.






It seems that you never really miss something until you know you're going to lose it and now that I only have a month left here, I am seeing Oslo in a new light (pun unintended); I can almost see what attracted me to it in the first place. The benefit of keeping a city from becoming too cosmopolitan is the proximity of nature, just a 10 minute walk from a downtown flat is this beautiful waterfall on a river that runs all the way to the center.





Of course, it's still quite cold and I had to layer thoroughly to keep from shivering but I got to break out my sunnies, which is always cause of celebration.





I led the way down the wrong street more than once, but overall I would consider the adventure a success. And at the end of every successful adventure is a feast which took place at a lovely little cafe we found near the top of the waterfall. It had to be fish and chips and beer as a tribute to the city I'll be living in soon: London.



xo Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment