Dec 19, 2012

Decorative Branches | Christmas DIY

Around Christmas I tend to see different coloured plastic branches in home stores and I've been toying with the idea of making my own and I really like the way they turned out. Not only did I get to personalize the branches, but finding them was a fun little outing! So, here's how you can do it yourself..

Step one

Go out and grab some branches! Don't break them out of trees yourself though, we're not out to harm nature and live branches are not as easy to break off as you may think. Trees shed branches all the time so if you look around the bottom of a few, you'll be able to find some nice ones.

Step two

Pick up some snow spray, glitter spray, coloured spray paint, or whatever you want to use to decorate your branches. This is what I used:


Step three

Lay down some newspaper (consider doing these next steps outside if you can) and spray the surface of your branches with your chosen spray. Let it dry for around 10-15 minutes.


Step four

Once that's dry you can flip the branch over and do the same thing to the other side. Don't forget to let it dry!


Step five

Arrange the dried branches in a vase. I used leftover globes from our Christmas tree in the bottom of the vase but there are a lot of other options like pebbles, larger stones, beads, etc.
Hope you give this a try!


xo Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment